Young’s Cleaner/Steriliser 250g29/01/2021
5 Litre Fermentation Vessel (Full Colour‐Graduated)29/01/2021
3 in stock (can be backordered)
ChemSan is a No Rinse Sanitiser
- Self Foaming Sanitiser
- Not affected by organic soils
- No Rinse when used at the prescribed dilution rate
- A blend of phosphoric acid, benzenesulfonic acid and isopropanol.
- A self-foaming sanitising solution
- An excellent sanitizer for manual application
- Not recommended on soft metals because of the acid nature of this product.
How to use:
This 250ml bottle if diluted as suggested, will make 125 litres of sanitiser.
Dilution: 0.2%, 10ml to 5 litres of water. Higher concentrations will require a potable rinse. All surfaces should be cleaned and rinsed beforehand. Minimum contact time 2 minutes. The solution should remain at a pH at 3 or below to maintain proper sanitizing level. If using the diluted solution over time, check the Ph regularly using Ph papers.
Hand Utensils, Tanks, Vats, Homebrew use: Scrape or pre-clean dirty surfaces. Clean all surfaces using a suitable detergent, following label directions. Rinse with potable water. Apply diluted solution on surfaces with a cloth, mop ,brush, sponge, spray or by immersion. After 2 minutes contact time, drain solution thoroughly. For all applications, allow to air dry, however surfaces must remain wet for at least two minutes. Do not rinse after Chemsan application.
Danger – Contains Phosphoric Acid. Keep out of reach of children. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
Precautions –Harmful if swallowed. Corrosive to skin and eyes. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Wear protective goggles and clothing when using. Avoid contamination of food.
DO NOT MIX CHEMSAN WITH CHLORINATED CLEANERS AS CHLORINE GAS WILL RESULT.
Do not use or store near heat or open flame.
See label for more precautionary information.
If in eyes: Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first five minutes. Then continue rinsing. Get immediate medical attention/advice.
If swallowed: Get immediate medical attention/advice. Have person sip on a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the Poison Control doctor. Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
If on skin or clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Get medical attention/advice if needed.
If inhaled: Move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing call an ambulance, then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible. Get immediate medical attention/advice.